Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Simtower 64 Bit How Can I Play A 32 Bit Game On 64 Bit Windows?

How can I play a 32 bit game on 64 bit windows? - simtower 64 bit

I try to play the SimTower in the core of my HP 64 2 Duo computer with Windows Vista. (SimTower is an ancient game of the World 1995.) But when I try to run the installation, an error message that I have a program that is not compatible with my Windows had run version. I tried the right mouse button, go to properties and change the compatibility with Windows and a variety of configurations to work, but that does not work. Is there another way to solve this problem? Thanks

4 comments:

Dr. Truth said...

I have vista 64 SIM-end tower is not executed. Change the compatibility mode makes absolutely no difference. In Google, I've tried everything and it was in vain.

Vista 64 bit is compatible with 32, but for some reason normal work SimTower-64, as SimTower can actually 16-bit and from what I understand 16-bit receive unemulated

I've heard SimTower fine 32-bit OS and Vista, and also work under XP, so I'm always looking for ways around the 64, but I think no chance without a virtual machine.

Having said that, you VMware or Virtual PC or something to load, which was on XP, Vista, while at play.
Dual boot / partition need not be labeledRIA, and did not make sense just to play a game and not a practical solution.

XP from Microsoft Virtual PC is free, easy to install (choose one for 64-bit), run it, install on the virtual disk, then install SimTower and good. They do not even need to leave. I've done what you said and hopefully I play SimTower XP, as I write this, for

Link to Virtual PC: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/product ...

cm-mv said...

Some games and software to work smoothly, but is hit and miss at best. The architecture is very different between the two operating systems, not to mention WinANY 64-bit, not very common.

So, in summary, some games are played very well, some common.

I personally dual-boot XP-Vista-32 or-32 for the game ...

arouge17... said...

You need to open the CD (not running)) and right click the game file (the main application. Go to the Compatibility tab, and select the compatibility mode. Now select the proper functioning of the system to do.

I hope that helps.

undun357 said...

Vista is not really too many games that were originally made for Win95/98SE/2000/ME.
This is one of the biggest drawbacks. I suggest, back to XP compatibility for the great software.

Post a Comment